This is an opportunity to be a part of one of the most promising tech firms on the continent. You will be working remotely. This role is important to us as we’re currently scaling our work after a successful pilot.
Do you have a prolific repertoire of projects to your credit? Are you the kind of developer who has the desire to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies? What about high execution and deadline driven attitude? We’re looking for you!
What will you be doing?
- Lead and manage a team of junior developers to execute assigned software development tasks
- Manage a series of projects concurrently
- Build robust websites & web applications – from ideation to deployment
- Execute in an agile environment using industry standard tools and delivering weekly code releases
What are the skills we are looking for?
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Content Management Systems (CMS) like Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git
What about you interests us?
- Excellent problem solving, research and debugging skills
- A teachable spirit
- Ability to builds effective relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust;
- Embrace creativity, innovation and are open to new ideas
- A clear understanding agile development & SCRUM
- Versatile and adapts to a small team environment with varying responsibilities
- Detail oriented
- Follows best coding practices
What else would make us feel you?
- Bachelor's’ degree or higher in Computer Science or any related field
- 3+ years cumulative experience in building exciting web applications
- Until you find the bug in your code, you’re not taking your shower.
Why should you choose us?
- You’re entitled to a paid off-day once every month
- You get to tell us how much you want to be paid
- You’ll be part of an inspiring team that is changing the lives of many African women
- You’ll be exposed to opportunities to improve upon your skills as a developer and also expand your network
This vacancy is a full time position.